Monday, October 6, 2014

In My Mailbox Today: "Freddy and the Dragon"


Two weeks ago I ordered Freddy and the Dragon, the 26th and final book in Walter R. Brooks' Freddy the Pig series, which was published between 1927 and 1958. As I'm sure you can see from the picture above, I purchased a used hardcover copy. Unfortunately, a piece of the dust-jacket was damaged when I removed the library binding that covered the book (I expected there to be some damage). Thankfully, I'm not the sort of collector who insists on only owning flawless books. 


Although I haven't read Freddy and the Dragon yet (it only arrived in my mailbox about an hour ago), I thought I'd take the opportunity to share it here. Most likely, I won't write a follow up review after I read it. My consensus on the Freddy series is already in; I love these books. They're fun stories and they remind me of my childhood, browsing the shelves at my small community public library. I plan to collect all 26 books. I would encourage parents to get these classics into the hands of their children. 

If you haven't seen my posts from September yet, check out my Freddy Goes to the North Pole Review  and  A Childhood Favourite: "Freddy Goes to Florida" & The Freddy Books


1 comment:

  1. A little update on this book; I read it and it was both funny and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete