Friday, November 14, 2014

Samuel Marchbanks Almanack & Christmas Shopping


I didn't buy this book for myself. I already have a nice paperback New Canadian Library copy which I read last Christmas. I bought this copy of Samuel Marchbanks Almanack by Robertson Davies (the author of Fifth Business) as a Christmas gift for a friend. With Christmas still a month and a half away, of course I can't say who the book is for, but I wanted to share a couple pictures here because it's a beautiful book. 


The papers are aged and the book has that old musty smell. The boards are still strong, smooth and nearly perfect, apart from a small ding at the top. Sure, the dust jacket is long gone, but dust jackets are troublesome anyway; they always fall off and tear. 



For more on this book, see my post from last December

No comments:

Post a Comment