Thursday, January 29, 2015

In My Mailbox Today: To America With Love: Letters from the Underground



Abbie Hoffman fascinates me. His politics are not my politics. Yet, in a way, I admire him. His books capture my imagination and inspire me. Hoffman, an American activist and so called "Yippie," specialized in street theatre (sometimes called guerrilla theatre) in the 1960s and 70s. In 1974, after getting busted for drugs, Hoffman went underground to avoid jail time.


I discovered Abbie Hoffman's work about a year and a half ago when I read Revolution for the Hell of It. I followed it up a few months later with Steal This Book and, shortly after, The Autobiography of Abbie Hoffman. I'm currently waiting for another book, Square Dancing in the Ice Age to arrive. 


No comments:

Post a Comment